Design is making fun of things lining up, and fonts

Design is making fun of things lining up, and fonts

Thanks to Jon, Shaun and Scott, I was forced (believe me, I had no choice in the matter) to sarcastically tweak their desktop images. It wasn’t a job I enjoyed, I promise you, but this is the kind of dirty work someone has to do, and today that responsibility fell to me (and that’s the fault of Jina, for telling me about your posts to begin with).

Download

This item was posted by Dan Rubin on Wednesday, September 13th, 2006.

26 comments on “Design is making fun of things lining up, and fonts”

1. Posted by Jina Bolton on Wednesday, September 13th, 2006.

hmmmmm… and I wonder who led you to this distraction, eh?

2. Posted by Jon Hicks on Wednesday, September 13th, 2006.

Oh shit! Its become a meme, which means 37signals will be whupping my ass very soon!

3. Posted by Jina Bolton on Wednesday, September 13th, 2006.

Jina. Helping Dan procrastinate one meme at a time.

4. Posted by Dan Rubin on Wednesday, September 13th, 2006.

Really Jon, you should have seen this coming — you must practice safe meme’ing or else contract a 37STD (37signals-transmitted-disapproval).

5. Posted by Shaun Inman on Wednesday, September 13th, 2006.

Now what do I do? I only have two monitors! To the iBook! Wait Leslie has two too! (Puts on sneaking cap…)

6. Posted by James Bebbington on Wednesday, September 13th, 2006.

Make you meme make money!

Somebody needs to get these bad boys on threadless.com :)

7. Posted by James Bebbington on Wednesday, September 13th, 2006.

Damn ‘r’s… ‘you’ = ‘your’. First my laptop thought it was a pirate (loved sticking ‘r’s everywhere), these days it seems somewhat eluctant.

8. Posted by Scott on Wednesday, September 13th, 2006.

Shaun – rotating desktops! Even one screen works.

Dan – Comic Sans!! You’re breaking my heart, man. Still funny though. I’ll save that one for my mom.

9. Posted by Dan Rubin on Wednesday, September 13th, 2006.

@Scott: Satire is a difficult business. Sometimes one must employ underhanded methods…

10. Posted by Richard Earney on Thursday, September 14th, 2006.

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Shirts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Posted by RobMcM on Thursday, September 14th, 2006.

Love them!

12. Posted by Marko Mihelcic on Thursday, September 14th, 2006.

hehe “#$%&/”

13. Posted by luxuryluke on Thursday, September 14th, 2006.

This rocks. Abso-friggin-lutely.
    Hilarious.

14. Posted by Veerle Pieters on Thursday, September 14th, 2006.

Too much fun to resist :D

15. Posted by Bryan Veloso on Thursday, September 14th, 2006.

Late to the party again? Crap.
    This is what I get for not having a feed reader.

16. Posted by Mike Gowen on Friday, September 15th, 2006.

Couldn’t resist :)

17. Posted by Dan Rubin on Friday, September 15th, 2006.

@Veerle: Love it :)

@Bryan: There’s “fashionably late” and then there’s just plain “late” — guess which one you are this time? ;)

@Mike G: Dude, that ROCKS.

18. Posted by Chris Cagle on Saturday, September 16th, 2006.

I couldnt resist either… it just feels so good to jump on the bandwagon… plus I was looking for something to post about today ;)

19. Posted by iamshimone on Wednesday, September 20th, 2006.

This is the sort of meme I love. Not a designer of course but irony is to be found nonetheless: http://www.jungle-life.com/item/975

20. Posted by Dave on Sunday, October 1st, 2006.

Comic Sans is a font beloved by computer novices everywhere. How dare ye! ;)