Design is making fun of things lining up, and fonts

Design is making fun of things lining up, and fonts

Thanks to Jon, Shaun and Scott, I was forced (believe me, I had no choice in the mat­ter) to sar­cas­ti­cally tweak their desk­top images. It wasn’t a job I enjoyed, I promise you, but this is the kind of dirty work some­one has to do, and today that respon­si­bil­ity fell to me (and that’s the fault of Jina, for telling me about your posts to begin with).

Down­load

This item was posted by Dan Rubin on Wednesday, September 13th, 2006.

26 comments on “Design is making fun of things lining up, and fonts”

1. Posted by Jina Bolton on Wednesday, September 13th, 2006.

hmm­mmm… and I won­der who led you to this dis­trac­tion, eh?

2. Posted by Jon Hicks on Wednesday, September 13th, 2006.

Oh shit! Its become a meme, which means 37signals will be whup­ping my ass very soon!

3. Posted by Jina Bolton on Wednesday, September 13th, 2006.

Jina. Help­ing Dan pro­cras­ti­nate one meme at a time.

4. Posted by Dan Rubin on Wednesday, September 13th, 2006.

Really Jon, you should have seen this com­ing — you must prac­tice safe meme’ing or else con­tract a 37STD (37signals-transmitted-disapproval).

5. Posted by Shaun Inman on Wednesday, September 13th, 2006.

Now what do I do? I only have two mon­i­tors! To the iBook! Wait Leslie has two too! (Puts on sneak­ing cap…)

6. Posted by James Bebbington on Wednesday, September 13th, 2006.

Make you meme make money!

Some­body needs to get these bad boys on threadless.com :)

7. Posted by James Bebbington on Wednesday, September 13th, 2006.

Damn ‘r’s… ‘you’ = ‘your’. First my lap­top thought it was a pirate (loved stick­ing ‘r’s every­where), these days it seems some­what eluctant.

8. Posted by Scott on Wednesday, September 13th, 2006.

Shaun — rotat­ing desk­tops! Even one screen works.

Dan — Comic Sans!! You’re break­ing my heart, man. Still funny though. I’ll save that one for my mom.

9. Posted by Dan Rubin on Wednesday, September 13th, 2006.

@Scott: Satire is a dif­fi­cult busi­ness. Some­times one must employ under­handed methods…

10. Posted by Richard Earney on Thursday, September 14th, 2006.

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Shirts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Posted by RobMcM on Thursday, September 14th, 2006.

Love them!

12. Posted by Marko Mihelcic on Thursday, September 14th, 2006.

hehe “#$%&/”

13. Posted by luxuryluke on Thursday, September 14th, 2006.

This rocks. Abso-friggin-lutely.
    Hilar­i­ous.

14. Posted by Veerle Pieters on Thursday, September 14th, 2006.

Too much fun to resist :D

15. Posted by Bryan Veloso on Thursday, September 14th, 2006.

Late to the party again? Crap.
    This is what I get for not hav­ing a feed reader.

16. Posted by Mike Gowen on Friday, September 15th, 2006.

Couldn’t resist :)

17. Posted by Dan Rubin on Friday, September 15th, 2006.

@Veerle: Love it :)

@Bryan: There’s “fash­ion­ably late” and then there’s just plain “late” — guess which one you are this time? ;)

@Mike G: Dude, that ROCKS.

18. Posted by Chris Cagle on Saturday, September 16th, 2006.

I couldnt resist either… it just feels so good to jump on the band­wagon… plus I was look­ing for some­thing to post about today ;)

19. Posted by iamshimone on Wednesday, September 20th, 2006.

This is the sort of meme I love. Not a designer of course but irony is to be found nonethe­less: http://www.jungle-life.com/item/975

20. Posted by Dave on Sunday, October 1st, 2006.

Comic Sans is a font beloved by com­puter novices every­where. How dare ye! ;)